Monday, November 24, 2014

Not trying to change the world

Today I delivered our Operation Christmas Child boxes.  These 4 boxes will not change the world, I know that, however I pray that they bring some joy to 4 children.  As you may or may not know 2 of my children are from Uganda.  While we were waiting for them to join us here in America, we were on occasion given the opportunity to send small packages to them.  I remember worrying and hoping that I picked out the "right" things for their packages.  Trying to show you care in a small package through notes and items packed.  This time I let my two adopted children help pick out items that they thought would bring not only joy but supply basic needed items.  Seeing it through their eyes put a whole different perspective to it.  We picked out colorful socks, my daughter said "they probably can't wear them with their school uniform, we need to pick something else out".  I began to pick items more carefully and I tried to squeeze an equal amount of needed items and toys and school supplies.  I also know the joy those packages being when you deliver them.  Children are amazed that someone took the time to pack this package for them.  The financial cost to my family was minimal but it brought joy to my kids to feel like they were paying back for being picked to live in America.  They have guilt for leaving people behind in their country so I hope and pray not only for the children receiving these boxes but for the children who packed them with such thought and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment